Continental SW Functional Safety Architect in Troy, Michigan
SW Functional Safety Architect
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Troy, MI location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Software Functional Safety Architect to join our software development team. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Join our team and you’ll be part the Agile transformation that is reshaping software development in the automotive industry. As part of our diverse global agile team you will play a key role in the development of embedded solutions supporting the next generation of vehicles. As a Software Functional Safety Architect you will:
• Define architectures to meet functional safety requirements
• Acts as technical leader
• Performs continuous architectural front-loading on Solution Level
• Specify architectural Capability Enablers
As part of our team you will have the opportunity to influence the development of products including:
• Body Computer Modules
• Wireless Modules (controlling vehicle access and start)
• Motion Controls Modules (e.g. Seat Modules, Trailer Break Modules…)
• You will have the opportunity to learn and contribute to groundbreaking industry technology including functional safety and cybersecurity.
• In addition, you will have the opportunity to influence engineering experts of tomorrow by coaching and mentoring other Value Creators.
• Software Architecture Definition
o Define Functional Safety Solution Architectures (Software)
o Design the Architecture incrementally for testability
o Develop Architecture for re-use and the respective product-line environment
o Support make/buy decision for 3rd party solutions
• Planning & Prioritization
o Specify architectural Enablers
o Plan and develop the architectures runway for the support of new Capabilities
o Actively participate in the Continuous Exploration process as part of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
• Technical Leadership & Collaboration
o Act as technical leader.
o Identify technological knowledge gaps in the Agile Release Trains and Agile Teams
o Ensure that the specified Architectures are understood by the Release Train Architects or Agile Teams
o Act as a first-level contact regarding architectural and technology aspects of the solution development
• Solution Specific Responsibilities
o Operate within the Economic Framework to validate the economic impact of design decisions
o Work with portfolio stakeholders
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer science, Computer engineering or similar
• Minimum 6 years of experience in automotive industry
• Minimum 6 years of experience in embedded software development
• Experience with safety critical systems
• Thorough understanding of ISO-26262 (Most specifically part 6)
• Good understanding of A-SPICE base practices
• Knowledge of AUTOSAR architecture
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will only sponsor individuals who currently hold an existing employment visa.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Vehicle Networking and Information business area, with its vision of “Always On,” sees the vehicle of the future as a partner that supports its passengers with intelligent and secure solutions – seamlessly networked, user-friendly, convenient and smart. The business area develops and integrates components and end-to-end systems for connected mobility – architecture, hardware, software and services. With solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, user experience, high-performance computing, digital services and system integration for passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures stable and safe connectivity and smooth information flows for connected mobility.
Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.