Continental Senior Software Architect for Android Automotive in Troy, Michigan
Senior Software Architect for Android Automotive
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Troy, MI location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Sr. Staff Software System Architect to join our engineering team. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
We are developing technologies for the car infotainment/cockpit systems based an Android. It is a world, where the cutting-edge Android features meet the Automotive environment and make it more exciting, seamlessly connected and safe.
You are a passionate Android engineer, sharing a vision of the Android eco-system in the cars and want to join our growing globally operating Android development team. From your experience you bring following skills:
• Understanding of Automotive SoC architecture ARM based, preferably Qualcomm and/or Samsung
• Experience in development Android HAL and AIDL services, Application layers in Java and JNI
• Good understanding of Android Programming environment using binder/hwbinder and Treble rules
• Practical experience with SELinux and precise understanding of Android Security model
• Good Knowledge in Android Services/Framework layer and its debugging
• Experience in Hypervisor architecture, Hypervisor configuration, shared device driver development using VirtIO, Linux/Android BSP DTBs and RTOS experience (QNX/Linux/Android/Integity).
• Programming skills in Java, C and C++ (11/14)
• Preferred expertise in vehicle interfaces (CAN, Ethernet)
• Hands-on development on infotainment projects in areas Media, Audio, BT/WiFi/Projection technologies (Android Auto/CarPlay), Security, Voice recognition, Navigation, Broadcast, Vehicle Interfaces and Diagnostics/SW Update are highly wished
• Configuration management Git based, Gerrit and GitHub
• Model based system development in UML/SysML with Rhapsody or Enterprise Architect
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline
• 5+ years of experience in software architecture
• 2+ years of automotive experience
• Will be responsible for the overall Software Architecture of Automotive Cluster/Infotainment system in Android and, QNX or Integrity hypervisor environment
• Identify architectural constraints for the architectural level (project, domain, application) based on technical and organizational requirements and decompose them to architectural levels below
• Develop software architecture for the assigned architectural level fulfilling the architectural requirements and develop software
• Document and communicate architectural decisions based on at least more than one design alternative
• Define, develop and verify all interfaces to related SW architectural elements are complete
• Describe, evaluate and verify dynamic behavior and interaction between the related SW architectural elements
• Analyze the customer requirement and map them to existing architecture or extend the architecture starting from the RFQ/RFI phase
• Lead the Android development teams
• Analyze and address architectural relevant non-functional requirements
• Develop prototype and execute feasibility studies
• Market research (FOSS - free and open-source alternatives)
• Ensure traceability and consistency to system architecture and to software requirements
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, i.e. hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.
Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.