Continental Intern - Systems Engineering, Year-Round in Troy, Michigan
Intern - Systems Engineering, Year-Round
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Systems Engineering Intern to join our engineering team! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The Systems Engineering Intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Support systems engineering activities for various in-vehicle automotive body controller products mainly Car Access Systems including the following technologies: Smart Access, Immobilizer, Remote Keyless Entry, Passive Entry Passive Start, Tire Pressure Monitoring, Bi-directional Remote Keyless Entry, RF Reception
• Completing short term activities as they relate to the development of a production system or vehicle demonstrator for new technologies.
• Assist engineers with the design and development of system solutions for various in-vehicle automotive body controller products (i.e. Body Controllers, Gateway Modules, Lighting controls, key fobs, Electronic Control Modules, etc.)
• Apply technical and design engineering methods on products for the design of new products or modification of existing products.
• Interface with team members, suppliers, support groups and customers.
• Support vehicle testing, writing reports and solving problems related to the design.
• Perform failure analysis on customer returns and other failed modules.
• Research and develop best testing practices using given software development tools
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Competitive pay
• Hands on experience with the team
• Project experience
• Company lunch and learns
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Currently enrolled in a US accredited degree program
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Enrolled in Bachelor’s of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering curriculum (or equivalent) at an accredited university.
• Minimum sophomore level preferred.
• Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8
• Basic electrical engineering coursework completed or equivalent experience with electronics lab training
• Basic programming knowledge in any language.
• Good problem-solving skills
• Good written and oral communication skills - must be able to clearly and concisely communicate technical information.
• Ability to work with Office tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills - must work well on team.
• Proficient Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week during normal business hours
• Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening
• Experience with electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, function generators, etc
• Well organized and ability to work autonomously
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 233,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary.
The Vehicle Networking and Information business area, with its vision of “Always On,” sees the vehicle of the future as a partner that supports its passengers with intelligent and secure solutions – seamlessly networked, user-friendly, convenient and smart. The business area develops and integrates components and end-to-end systems for connected mobility – architecture, hardware, software and services. With solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, user experience, high-performance computing, digital services and system integration for passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures stable and safe connectivity and smooth information flows for connected mobility.
Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.