Continental White Sidewall operator in Sumter, South Carolina
White Sidewall operator
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking a White Sidewall Operator to join our Final Finish department. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Responsible for operation and cleaning of white sidewall spray machine and for small repairs on tires (apply white paint, hand buffing of tires if needed, and manual spraying of blue coating)
• Responsible for meeting/exceeding individual production goals and standards
• Operate the buffing machines and adjust recipes if required
• Monitor scrap level throughout the shift and escalate issues as they arise
• Monitor safety, quality and production KPI’s and update the BT1 board accordingly
• Must be self-managed/motivated, able to pass titmus eye exam with or without corrective lenses, follow instructions, operate a computer and scanning devices, work overtime and in a fast-paced environment, and work as part of a team
• Utilize strong troubleshooting skills, critical thinking skills, and good attention to detail
• Must be able to receive written and oral instructions as to specs, procedures, tolerances, and various construction and quality requirements
• Must be able to read specs, know all tire components in the final finish area, and follow safety and quality standards
• Follow standard practices and perform all work necessary to promptly and accurately obtain quality and quantity production
• Follow plant safety policies, plant policies, environmental policies, and keep work areas neat, clean, and orderly
• Read specifications, use hand tools, and gauging devices, to monitor current and ongoing product quality
• React quickly to equipment downtime or other extraordinary condition, and must notify supervision whenever such conditions occur
• Perform actions with a control panel interface, both automatic and manual
• Follow the internal ESH work instructions in the daily work
• Demonstrate exemplary personal behavior in ESH and motivate others
• Ensure immediate notification and response, and initiate preventive measures in case of unsafe or polluting hazards
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED
• One or more years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or other relevant experience
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
• Ability to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 200 tires per shift, and lift 50 pounds frequently (occasionally up to 100 pounds)
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 233,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires business area stands for innovative top performance in tire technology. Services for dealers and fleet management as well as digital tire monitoring and management systems are further areas of focus. The aim is to contribute to safe, economical and sustainable mobility.
Manufacturing Operations and Production
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.