Continental Tire Build Set UpTechnician in Sumter, South Carolina
Tire Build Set UpTechnician
• Support daily production by setting up the machines, including tooling change and providing a first level of troubleshooting in quality and process aspect
• Support sequencing in the schedule of the machines, and other tasks given by the supervisor (assist PI, etc.)
• Set up machines every time a new tire starts on machine
• Perform various tooling changes (bladders, rings, knives, etc.)
• Replace bladders/sleeves if necessary, for production tires
• Build/tear down drums if necessary, for production tires
• Make necessary adjustments to recipes/working data
• Provide support to tire builder if the machines run out of sequence and requires advanced troubleshooting
• Support maintenance with major issues
• Support PI with new introduction of tires
• Support sequencing with any need of planning adjustment
• Support quality with non-confirming carcass / green tire production
• Adhere to all safety and environmental rules and regulations
• Must be able to work overtime as required
• Follow the internal ESH work instructions in the daily work
• Demonstrate exemplary personal behavior in ESH and motivate others
• Ensure immediate notification and response, and initiate preventive measures in case of unsafe or polluting hazards
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be a certified tire build operator
• Must have at least 12 months experience as a tire build operator
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. W
• e will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
Must able to read tire or component specifications, work instructions, use hand tools, understand control plans, proficiently at using simple measuring devices
Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
Ability to stand for long periods of time, and bend, climb, reach, and twist frequently
Ability to squat, crawl and climb ladders occasionally
Ability to lift and carry 20-75 lbs. frequently and occasionally up to 100 lbs.
Ability to work with rubber and rubber components
Must be able to demonstrate basic mechanical aptitude and interfacing with a computer
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 233,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires business area stands for innovative top performance in tire technology. Services for dealers and fleet management as well as digital tire monitoring and management systems are further areas of focus. The aim is to contribute to safe, economical and sustainable mobility.
Manufacturing Operations and Production
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.