Continental Lean Manufacturing Coach (CBS Coach) in Sumter, South Carolina
Lean Manufacturing Coach (CBS Coach)
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking a Lean Manufacturing Coach (Continental Business System Coach) to join our Industrial Engineering department. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Coach/train in all relevant areas of all lean topics (e.g. lean admin, lean development, lean manufacturing, etc.) and lean methods (e.g. 5s, process mapping/value stream mapping, TPM, standardized work, CIP, etc.)
• Initiate and develop all lean activities and structural optimization activities in the defined area of responsibility with the Sumter plant and ensure the success of program will have a lasting effect
• Define targets for processes in alignment with the division, business unit, and the plant
• Organize milestones and reporting structure for CBS projects and assist in development of CBS standards and training
• Give structure feedback/lessons learned back to the global CBS
• Train CBS principles, framework, methods, tools, processes, etc. coach business unit/division/CBS BU coaches in CBS implementation and setting up roadmap
• Align cross business unit/division topics and coordinate common activities
• Perform moderation of meetings, workshops and coaching from change processes and activities
• Develop projects at the business unit in alignment with the global CBS
• Support and adjust CBS project roadmap(s) and workshop(s) schedule and support workshops and coach CBS trainers on site projects
• Drive cross divisional communication
• Support business unit in getting the necessary expertise for CBS principles and methods
• Identify competency gaps and close them in alignment with CBS competency management/training partners
• Assist in promotion of culture changes and foster the mechanism of lean approach within business unit and its locations
• Coach business unit organization and develop business unit/division leaders in CBS philosophy
• Give guidance in lean leadership during CBS implementation
• Must have strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills to work across all functions in a manufacturing environment
• Implement and guarantee that the Business Team structure is in place and followed according to the guidelines
• Perform audits and assessment as required
• Fulfill the role of PROMT coach (project management tool) for the plant and related duties
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
• Five or more years’ experience of training/facilitation of programs such as 5S and lean manufacturing
• Manufacturing experience
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
• Tire experience
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.