Continental Inspector II (Grader) – Quality in Sumter, South Carolina
Inspector II (Grader) – Quality
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking an Inspector II (Grader) to join our Quality department. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Execute tire grading to ensure product quality level compliance with Continental Tire WW standards
• Responsible for the classification and grading of tires after visual inspection or rework and decide on next process step
• Responsible for the classification of off-standard tires and decide on final disposition
• Input quality related data in grading system
• Take the necessary actions in case of non-conformities (inform relevant people, stop curing press, blocking of tires, etc.)
• Scan and evaluate the status of tires returned to grading after tire uniformity, balancing, weighing, and over inspection
• Responsible for the classification of off-standard tires from the above areas and decide on final disposition
• Responsible for operating the bead heating machines
• Follow the internal ESH work instructions in the daily work
• Demonstrate exemplary personal behavior in ESH and motivate others
• Ensure immediate notification and response, and initiate preventive measures in case of unsafe or polluting hazards
• Know/understand Continental Tire WW semi-product off-standards catalogue and QMS standards (ISO/TS16949, CCC, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED
• One or more years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to pass Inspector/Grader certifications or Inspector Certification
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
2 or more years' tire experience
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires business area stands for innovative top performance in tire technology. Services for dealers and fleet management as well as digital tire monitoring and management systems are further areas of focus. The aim is to contribute to safe, economical and sustainable mobility.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.