Continental eXplore Tires, Manufacturing Engineer Trainee in Sumter, South Carolina
eXplore Tires, Manufacturing Engineer Trainee
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we've been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter, SC location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented IT Trainee to join our Engineering group. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Trainee Program for high potentials in Tire Manufacturing and Engineering
Local Functions in the Plant:
▪ Introduction to technologies and machines in PLT/CVT Plant - department rotation, a deeper introduction to plant operation
▪Introduction to production processes, Rubber Technologies, Material’s flow and Components in order to gain in-depth operational knowledge about the production process
▪ 4 month shopfloor experience including shift work
▪ Manufacturing/Engineering projects within the plant
▪ rotations to other departments in order to get an insight into the collaboration of all departments
▪establish and maintain a network throughout the plant
Trainee Pool in Central:
▪central projects (Manufacturing/Engineering, R&D, business perspective)
▪fulfil central training plan in order to gain technical knowledge, competencies and capabilities in the processes of the manufacturing environment and to develop an understanding of the tire business and structure
▪establish and maintain a network with the central departments and international trainees
Marketing & Sales:
▪ 1/2 month in one of Continental's Marketing & Sales organizations
▪ General overview about the overall M&S Strategy and the tasks & responsibilities of a M&S department
▪ 1st hand experience by working together with direct sale in a tire shop / during customer visits
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Paid Time Off
Tuition & Employee Discounts
Employer 401(k) Match
And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering
• Manufacturing Internship
• Strong interpersonal- and communication skills, committed team player, eager to work in a multicultural environment
• Driven by passion, open minded and ambitious personality, high operational readiness
• Passion for the automotive Industry
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering and MBA
• Manufacturing Internship in Automotive
• International experience through study abroad or internship
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.