Continental Controls & Drives Automation Engineer in Sumter, South Carolina
Controls & Drives Automation Engineer
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking an Automation Engineer to join our Controls and Drives department. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and leadership skills, is dependable and accountable.
• Develop, coordinate, execute and explore new/innovative automations technologies and solutions that can be used for continuous equipment improvement and efficiency, scrap reduction, energy saving, reliability and performance that may include PLC programming development, hardware and/or software updates for Manufacturing Equipment
• Develop, implement and/or coordinate machine hardware and software upgrades for discontinued automation equipment
• Ensure compliance with the electrical standards set by Continental Central Engineering (MES/C&D) for IPC’s, PLC’s, drives, machines interfaces, controls, etc. and IPC management implementation on all automation projects for Manufacturing Equipment
• Provide technical support for maintenance and utilities departments in/with automation projects for Manufacturing Equipment and contribute to reach departmental and plant KPI’s
• Provide 24/7 high level automation technical support for machines/manufacturing systems and specialized controls systems during emergency breakdowns
• Maintain and execute PLC modification management procedures
• Provide specialized training to maintenance staff
• Support the implementation of manufacturing suite solutions
• Interact, facilitate and collaborate with Continental’s Central Engineering Team and Manufacturing Equipment Suppliers to ensure fast solution for technical problems and the development of new projects
• Maintain day to day communication with respect and collaboration with management and all the engineers in the C&D department
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Mechatronics, Automation, or Control Systems
• Five or more years’ experience in automation and/or control and drives in design or manufacturing environment
• Five or more years’ experience with Siemens controls and drives technology
• MS Office Suite experience (advanced)
• Previous professional experience in Tire Manufacturing Plants
• Previous professional experience with Mixing, Extrusion and Calender Equipment
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.