Continental Product Engineer - LIDAR Component in Santa Barbara, California
Product Engineer - LIDAR Component
Santa Barbara, CA
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Carpinteria, CA location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Product Engineer to join our ADAS team. The ideal candidate has experience in the mass production of electronic components.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Responsible for the technical maturity and supports centralized sourcing, qualification, introduction, and release of electronic components according to Product Life Cycle (PLC) and APQP (Advanced Produce Quality Planning), including handing over to the plant with a focus on suppliers, development locations, and plants of Business Unit ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems).
Manages prototype schedules and tracks the following activities:
• Subcomponent deliveries (e.g., wafers)
• Subcomponent test (e.g., wafer probe)
• Component test specification
• Component assembly package materials.
• Component packaging operations.
• Component final test.
• Manage the successful completion of component release to manufacturing:
• Conduct Material Life Cycle (MLC) reviews to ensure quality maturity.
• Own PPAP approval process.
• Manages series production flow
• Coordinates and facilitates logistics of the complex supply chain.
• Monitoring of test flow, test results, and quality metrics of all production test facilities.
• Works with supplier and Continental supplier quality to implement test changes, PCNs, and PAT limit changes to ensure maximum coverage and zero defects.
• Supplier visits and coordination.
• Coordinates data handling and traceability.
• Manages, schedules, and tracks failure analysis (FA) process for manufacturing and customer returns.
• Scheduling/tracking of component removal and A/B/A testing.
• Scheduling/tracking of component testing.
• Analysis of test results, determination of next steps.
• Coordination of test coverage and yield improvement efforts.
• Scheduling/tracking of package disassembly.
• Planning of lab and component failure isolation efforts.
• Troubleshooting for supplier problems and support of SQM plants for escalation (e.g., Red Alerts)
• 8D, A3, Ishikawa, Statistical Process Control (SPC)
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related discipline.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with bringing electronic components into mass production (automotive industry preferable)
• Initiative (willingness to take responsibility and make decisions, analytical and result-oriented work).
• Ability to coordinate and balance internal and external stakeholders needs
• Team skills (operates as a team player and contributes towards team goals).
• Willingness to travel as necessary approx. 10% - Domestic and International
• Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experienced with component management tools
• Knowledgeable in reliability and quality engineering processes.
• Experience in automotive product development, (e.g. IATF 16949, VDA 6.3)
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 233,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety business area develops, produces and integrates active and passive safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensors, electronic air suspension systems and cleaning systems for windscreens and headlights. Autonomous Mobility and Safety has a high level of systems expertise in the interconnectivity of individual components. As a result, products and system functions are created along the “SensePlanAct” chain of effects. These make driving safer and easier and pave the way for autonomous mobility.
Engineering, Manufacturing Operations and Production
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.