Continental Processing Engineer (automation focus) in Plymouth, Indiana
Processing Engineer (automation focus)
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all.
Hoosier Racing Tire is the largest race tire manufacturer in the world. Hoosier has grown to produce over 1000 different types of race tires. The company has its own 300-mph test wheel; a technology center; state-of-the-art, fully-integrated production facilities recently adding a high-tech mixing plant, with enough capacity to produce not only for Hoosier Racing Tire, but to have the ability to produce rubber for additional entities as well as a model sales and distribution network.
Our Hoosier location at Plymouth, IN is seeking a process Engineer to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Implementing new automation technology & quality systems in tire and component manufacturing
for improved output and quality, including improving todays manufacturing processes as well as industrializing new processes, machines and measuring systems.
A) Automation Technology
• identifying automation potentials in tire / component production and material handling
• developing & proposing automation concepts incl. feasibility and cost/benefit evaluation
• taking the lead in machine projects (requirement book, design, supplier discussions, FMEA, release criteria)
• industrialization of new processes, machines, machine components
• process evaluation: scrap rates, process capability studies (“cpk”), time studies
• complete implementation incl. work instructions, operator training, preventive maintenance, quality monitoring
B) Industrialization in general
• industrialization of new products, materials, components, processes, machines
• machine recipes changes
• supporting & evaluating R&D trials (including generating trial reports)
• complexity management
C) Quality tracking & improving (of today’s manufacturing processes)
• scrap analysis: observing, reporting and improving scrap in the production of materials, components and tires
• trouble shooting in serial production manufacturing
• problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis, lessons learned documentation and FEMA
• triggering and steering maintenance and calibration activities
• new or updated work instructions for operators
• initiating, following and concluding trial reports
• process capability studies
D) Additional everyday functions, especially
• creating and revising procedures and work instructions
• conduct meetings such as scrap, employee reviews and toolboxes
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
Specific Skills and Abilities (In Order of Importance), mandatory
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering – or – at least 3 years of experience in machine design & sensor technology – or – at least 3 years in an engineering function in a tire plant
• Familiar with systematic machine development, from “requirement book” up to “release criteria”
• Familiar with (statistical) data evaluation
• Quality tools (FMEA, process capability)
Specific Skills and Abilities (In Order of Importance), preferably
• Tire design and/or tire building know-how
• Familiarity with tire building machines
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.