Continental Supplier Quality Management - Semiconductors - Electronics in New Braunfels, Texas
Supplier Quality Management - Semiconductors - Electronics
New Braunfels, TX
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our New Braunfels, TX location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Supplier Quality Manager to join our Automotive Central Functions team. The ideal candidate has experience in automotive quality management, semiconductors and is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Introduction of electronic components / sensors with focus on sourcing, audit, APQP Safe Launch, PPAP and PSW.
• Initiation and introduction of the preferred supplier and components strategy in cooperation with our purchasing organization.
• Introduction and Release of new suppliers worldwide.
• Definition and implementation of quality requirements towards suppliers.
• Managing escalation in case of supplier quality issues and driving improvement activities, root cause analysis and implementation of appropriate counter-measurements at supplier's site.
• Managing of product and process changes (PCN) in cooperation with internal departments and suppliers.
• Conducting supplier quality improvement programs with continuous tracking of the target setting and plan fulfillment (monitoring, analysis, control).
• Supporting our worldwide organization for quality and technology related topics.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering (or related).
• Minimum 5 years of experience in semiconductor industries
• Knowledge about quality management tools (APQP, PPAP, 8D management, IATF16949, six sigma).
• Experience with semiconductor suppliers, processes and design (e. g. MEMS technologies, Image Sensors, Acceleration Sensors, etc).
• Good experience in quality systems, process audits (VDA6.3) and component qualification.
• Able to lead/facilitate process improvements and suppliers' development.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. Business English, Presentations) to interact with external and internal stakeholders.
• Able to work independently and travel frequently (e.g. SE-Asia, China, Japan & Europe).
• 10+ years of experience in semiconductor industries and automotive quality management.
5 + years of experience in the automotive industry
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 235,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary.
Automotive Cross Divisional Functions
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.