Continental Field Test Engineer - R&D-CTTA-FI in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Field Test Engineer - R&D-CTTA-FI
Fort Mill, SC
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable, and accessible to all. Fort Mill, SC location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Field Test Engineer to join our Research & Development Team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The R&D-Connected Tire Technologies & Analytics Field Test Engineer is responsible for the conduction and analysis of field tests and make an important contribution to the development of our technologies as well as to the quality of our tires. Your market assessments are the technical base for building up the know-how in new and growing markets.
• Responsible for preparation of test concepts and test plans for external PLT and TT testing in the field in cooperation with the responsible development engineer including the selection of the correct test method and test application
• Organization of external tests in the field in cooperation with local Continental customer service, sales- and Digital Solution organization
• Selection and acquisition of appropriate external test partners in cooperation with customer service, sales- and Digital Solution organization under consideration of potential sales promotions
• Ensuring test tire and hardware logistics, timely mounting and demounting of test tires and hardware, as well as monitoring running tests. Initiation of further analysis steps after the running field test
• Analysis of all vehicle, application and tire data that were collected during testing. Creation of reports including an evaluation of the test hypothesis. Communication of test reports and results, as well as participation in tire development and test projects as a representative of Field Intelligence department
• Supporting the definition of appropriate measuring methods and standards
• Active participation in test and development projects as well as taking over project/task force lead
• Support all necessary field testing for CTTA Hardware Systems and Digital Solutions
• Collection and documentation of market know how
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree required (Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, or Industrial Engineer)
• Minimum of 2-5 years of professional experience in testing and analysis within an automotive environment
• Knowledge of developing test concepts and plans
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience plus degree preferred
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 193,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires business area stands for innovative top performance in tire technology. Services for dealers and fleet management as well as digital tire monitoring and management systems are further areas of focus. The aim is to contribute to safe, economical and sustainable mobility.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.