Continental Field Sales Associate in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Field Sales Associate
Fort Mill, SC
Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. The America’s headquarters located in Fort Mill, South Carolina is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Field Sales Associate to join our Passenger and Light Truck Tire group! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
*This position will likely start in October 2021
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
This is the entry level field sales position that is designed to provide support to Continental Tire's sales managers and our dealers. The initial assignment will involve a 6+ month training program designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of Sales operations. The training program will include a rotation of traveling with current field sales managers, industry training classes, Insides Sales, plant & manufacturing tours, customer service and warranty center exposure and other potential assignments within the Continental organization.
Upon successful completion of the training assignment, you will be relocated to a territory within the United States, given a company car, will receive an additional bonus for completing the training program, and will be eligible for the Sales Incentive Bonus program in addition to your competitive base salary!
• Primary purpose is to communicate all facets of the GOLD Associate Dealer Program. Employee communicates to the GOLD Dealer the details of the annual program (and periodic changes), and quarterly programs (where applicable).
• Trains on new and existing product and Continental website tools.
• Assist sales managers with solicitation of dealers and major Commercial/Passenger & Light Truck accounts controlled by dealers within geographic areas of responsibility.
• Communicates product launches along with promotions and may help with POS.
• Desired result is for GOLD Dealer to purchase a growing % of their tire requirements from Continental.
• Clear and open communication with the appropriate Area Dealer Manager, along with responsible GOLD Distributor
• Make direct end-user calls to customers in an assigned geographic market area.
• Prepare analysis on customer and market conditions for assigned geographic market areas.
• Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned including: Participate in preparing and organizing onsite events & promotions for dealers, prepare reports and maintain files and records.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Sales Incentive Bonus
• Company Vehicle
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor's Degree completed by September 2021
• Must be open to relocation within 7 months of starting - once the training is completed you will be required to relocate to a territory anywhere in the United States
• Ability to travel up to 50%+ within the territory
• Valid Driver's License
• Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Sales
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
Marketing and Sales
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.