Continental Software Architect Engineer in Deer Park, Illinois
Software Architect Engineer
Deer Park, IL
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Deer Park, IL location is seeking a Software Architect Engineer to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Be part of the international software development team to develop embedded software for Radio, Radio-Navigation or Connectivity (Wifi, Bluetooth, GSM / 4G LTE features based) products to meet OEM customer requirements. Be involved through-out the software development life cycle (project planning, requirement definition and analysis, architecture analysis and definition, design, implementation, integration and validation), field-test and maintenance of the embedded software.
• Define software architecture for Telematics and Radio Navigation system to meet Automotive OEM requirement with respect to functionality, performance, quality timing and effort/costs
• Ensure implementation follows the defined architecture
• Collaborate with multi-location architects to ensure the whole product performs according to requirements
• Analyze and optimize architectural resolution, identify risk and manage resolution
• Setup general rules and guidelines for design and development.
• Assignment of system requirements to subsystems and components
• Platform based realization of customer requirements in the context of RFIs and RFQs and the related implementation of the platform
• Creation and delivery of technical presentations for both external customers and internal groups
• Support of project acquisitions
• Contribution to company internal and external work groups
• Nonfunctional feature testing (performance, memory, …)
• Identify and resolve crashes and system failures
• Targeted system optimization
• Developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment
• Able to read analog and digital hardware schematics
• C, C++ programming languages
• Embedded Linux
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years embedded software engineering experience
• Multi-core experience
• Cellular/wireless communications experience
• Master’s Degree in Computer, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years Automotive embedded software Architecture experience
• 5+ years Telematics engineering experience
• Automotive product development process
• Automotive HW and embedded SW experience
• Vehicle network bus systems experience
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, i.e. hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.
Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.