Continental Utility Engineer in Clinton, Mississippi
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Clinton, MS, location is seeking a Manufacturing Utility Engineer to join our manufacturing team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Ensures utilities and facilities equipment technical availability according to the company's guidelines and approved budgets. Coordinates continuous improvement of the planned maintenance program.
• Ensures utilities and facilities equipment technical availability according to the company's guidelines and approved budgets. Coordinates continuous improvement of the planned maintenance program.
• Ensure stable power and media supply of the plant
• Develop technical expertise in all matters to do with energy and environmental control.
• Ensure adherence to the best practices & standards in the company as well as the legal requirements as stipulated by government relating to media generation and distribution.
• Ensures Environment, Safety and Health requirement fulfillment in the plant.
• Informs and insures involvement of employees on ESH issues.
• Ensures a high level of up time of the utility equipment. In the event of service failure will provide a root cause analysis
• Organize and ensure implementation of preventive maintenance of energy supply equipment.
• Ensure relevant KPIs achievement
• Train and develops utilities team members.
• Insures the implementation of potential technical improvements (including costs savings) on power supply systems in cooperation with other departments.
• Defines the methods used to repair and maintain the physical assets. Develop the most efficient plan possible for executing these maintenance tasks and continuously improve it.
• Ensures SAP-PM standard processes implementation. Monitors and evaluates regularly quality of data entered in SAP-PM system and provide needed training to Maintenance Staff
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
• 0-2+ years of experience in facilities maintenance within a manufacturing facility or Internships in related fields
• Knowledge with steam boilers, compressors, chillers, pump systems, HVAC units.
• Ability to work in an intercultural environment and matrix organization.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.