Continental Quality Technician - Cold Prep & Tire Building in Clinton, Mississippi
Quality Technician - Cold Prep & Tire Building
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Clinton, MS, location is seeking a Quality Technician to join our manufacturing team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Assist with all quality management tasks in the Cold Preparation and Tire Building areas to prevent production of non-quality semi-products.
• Assist with assurance of semi-product quality conformance and control of non-conforming semi-products.
• Assist with management of Scrap 2 - 4.
• Assist with on time handling of audit findings (Internal, PPS, QMS certification, OE, etc) in Cold prep and Tire Building areas.
• Assist with quality assurance and inspection policies and procedures and ensure they followed throughout the area of responsibility.
• Assist in final disposition of off-standard products, in cooperation with Quality Management and Product Industrialization teams.
• Assist in appropriate in-process key quality characteristics over-inspections at the required frequency and appropriate actions are taken.
• Assure plant compliance to IATF16949, legal, customer and internal requirements as required in his / her area.
• Participate in internal and external audits and support the corrective actions following the audits.
• Drive the Statistical Process Control (SPC) in the assigned areas.
• Perform in regular reporting of process capabilities in the preparation areas and participate in corrective actions to correct non-conforming processes.
• Perform preparation and reporting of the Process Excellence Data.
• Preparation of quality records (control charts, trend chart).
• Support activities in the performance of special evaluations of product and process characteristic.
• Support the implementation of standards according to Continental Business Systems, CBS (lean manufacturing process), and ensure that the CBS tools are being applied correctly.
• Participate in the area of responsibility for an area wide initiative such as 5's or Total Preventative Maintenance.
• Actively participate in the level 1 teams and assist in achieving the defined targets and realizing the innovations coming from the level 1 team.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1 year in manufacturing industry
• Ability to work nights and weekends as required by a rotating shift pattern
• Associate Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or related field of studies
• Previous experience in Quality role in Automotive or Advanced Manufacturing Industries
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.