Continental Quality Engineer in Clinton, Mississippi
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Clinton, MS, location is seeking a Quality Engineer to join our manufacturing team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for all quality management tasks in the Col Preparation, Tire Building and High Bay Storage areas to prevent production of non-quality semi-products and green tires; assure semi-product and green tires quality conformance and control of non-conforming semi-products and green tires.
• Management of Scrap 3 - 4, On time handling of audit findings (Internal, PPS, QMS certification, OE, etc) in the cold preparation, tire building and high bay storage areas, Management of quality management budget in the cold preparation, tire building and high bay storage areas
• Ensure quality assurance and inspection policies and procedures are followed throughout the area of responsibility. Decide on final disposition of off-standard products, in cooperation with Quality Management (QM) and Product Industrialization (PI) representatives. Assure appropriate in-process key quality characteristics are over-inspected at the required frequency and appropriate actions are taken. Active participation in business team for Cold Preparation, Tire Building and High Bay Storage.
- Assure plant compliance to IATF 16949, legal, customer and internal requirements as required in his / her area. Participate in internal and external audits and support the corrective actions following the audits. Drive the SPC process in the Cold Preparation, Tire Building and High Bay Storage areas. Regular reporting of process capabilities in the Cold Preparation, Tire Building and High Bay Storage areas and participate in corrective actions to correct non-conforming processes. Preparation and reporting of the Process Excellence Data.
• Analysis of quality relevant processes in case of quality deviations, in cooperation with production and process. Management of scrap reduction efforts & reduction in customer complaint. Lead activities in structured problem solving activity. Lead activities in preparation of 8D reports in the event of major customer complaints
• Direct supervision of 4 Quality Technicians. Train, educate and develop his / her staff. Responsible for leading process excellence in Cold Preparation, Tire Building and High Bay Storage.
• Participate in the annual budgeting process and ensure the quality department budget is appropriately met in his / her area of responsibility.
• Preparation of quality records (control charts, trend charts…). Lead activities in the performance of special evaluations of product and process characteristic.
• Local Business Key User for System/Process/Tool QDA:
• Coordinate local requirements with Central Key User and the Competence Center. Support and coordinate problem solving for functional user questions;
• Collect technical user problems and address them to the support level; inform users about solved technical problems; summarize user change requests (user suggestions for improvements)
• Development of local end user documentation
• Participate in Key User workshops, Business Acceptance tests and Key User Trainings. Integration into the world-wide Key User community in terms of continuous system improvement and knowledge / experience transfer.
• Support Know-how transfer to and training of the local end users in the standard processes and usage of QDA.
• Ensure the implementation of standards according to Continental Business Systems (CBS) and ensure that the CBS tools are being applied correctly. Participate as a champion for the area of responsibility for an area wide initiative such as 5's or TPM. Actively participate in the CBT coaching reviews of level 1 teams and assist the level 1 teams in achieving the defined targets and realizing the innovations coming from the level 1 team.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or Chemistry
• One year Manufacturing Experience
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or Chemistry
• 3-5 Years in the automotive or chemical manufacturing industry
• Strong MS Office Skills
• Good Written and Verbal Communication skills
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.