Continental Operator II- Cold Prep in Clinton, Mississippi
Operator II- Cold Prep
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years. We’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Clinton, MS, location is seeking a Manufacturing Operator II to join our manufacturing team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The Cold Prep Operator II is responsible for the operation of the equipment that produces body ply, breaker, wire chafer, and slit gum components for the commercial operations in this facility. The Operator II is responsible for ensuring quality components, ensuring adequate stock, controlling proper inventories, troubleshooting and maintaining machines.
• React quickly to equipment downtime or other extraordinary conditions and must notify supervision whenever such conditions occur.
• Use and monitor on and offline quality systems to ensure components meet specified quality standards.
• Work must be planned by the BAC #02 to efficiently utilize equipment while meeting customer requirements. Instructions for operation will be both oral and written, with specifications for extrusion measurements having close tolerances.
• Must have the ability to state, read, and react to Machine Set-Up Specs (MSS)
• Responsible for checking supplies and utilities services needed for Extrusion
• Follow required SOPs (standard operating procedures) and WI (work instructions) while performing necessary tasks to promptly and accurately obtain quality and quantity production, follow plant safety policies, plant policies, environmental policies, and all 5s practices keeping working areas neat, clean, and orderly.
• Possess and apply problem solving skills in case of machine problems.
• Ability to read specifications and use hand tools/ gauging devices to monitor current and ongoing product quality.
• The Operator II time will be accurately and correctly indicated on time cards or time sheets or electronically, according to operation number, rates, and the number of units cured
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• HS diploma /GED
• Successful completion of a minimum WorkKeys:
Applied Math: 3
Reading for Information/Workplace Documents: 4
Locating Information/Graphic Literacy: 3
• Ability to lead and foster teamwork
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Basic knowledge of computers
• Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts including days, nights, & weekends
• Experience using PIV (powered industrial) vehicles preferred
• 1-3-year experience in manufacturing preferred
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 193,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires business area stands for innovative top performance in tire technology. Services for dealers and fleet management as well as digital tire monitoring and management systems are further areas of focus. The aim is to contribute to safe, economical and sustainable mobility.
Manufacturing Operations and Production
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.