Continental Mechanical Maintenance Area Engineer in Clinton, Mississippi
Mechanical Maintenance Area Engineer
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable, and accessible to all.
Our Clinton, MS location is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Plant Maintenance Team supporting the Cold Preparation (Cutting) and Tire Building Department. The ideal candidate has great troubleshooting and strong mechanical skills.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Assists Maintenance Area Leader in project management, troubleshooting, and talent development for the Cold Preparation (Cutting) and Tire Building Department.
• Ensures a proper diagnostic of mechanical problems, repair, and restart of production machines of the area of responsibility in case of breakdowns including the needed compilation of procedures, reports and presentations after problems have been resolved as well as proactively compiling learning guides for the department.
• Ensures the implementation of the local maintenance strategy including TPM implementation support, maintenance processes improvements, and maintenance of SAP PM.
• Identifies, analyses and ensures the implementation of potential mechanical improvements (including costs savings) on area production machines in cooperation with other departments (Production, Quality, Purchasing)
• Maintains professional and technical mechanical/pneumatic/hydraulic knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks.
• Coordination between the central implementation team and the local team. Acts as a single point of contact for designated business processes and their implementation/validation.
• Maintains updated mechanical documentation in the area (AutoCad plans, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings)
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 3+ years of maintenance experience in the manufacturing industry
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• 5+ years of experience in the manufacturing industry
• Previous tire manufacturing experience.
• SAP PM Experience
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 233,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires business area stands for innovative top performance in tire technology. Services for dealers and fleet management as well as digital tire monitoring and management systems are further areas of focus. The aim is to contribute to safe, economical and sustainable mobility.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.