Continental Project Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Auburn Hills, MI
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Project Engineer to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
One of the most critical roles in a successful project with our Customers is the Customer Project Engineer. The customer project engineer will be on-site at the customer location (Warren, MI), and will be the primary point of contact for the project manager and technical team for the project. This strengthens the collaboration by having an ambassador of Continental onsite at our customer supporting our project teams.
• Liaison between Continental Project Team and Customer Engineering.
• Supporting Customer DRE
• Leading on-site Customer Product Development Tracking (PDT) meetings
• Documenting of open issues related to customer product development, customer meeting minutes, and support driving open issues to closure
• Primary interface between Continental and Customer change control databases
• Coordinating of prototypes including scheduling, preparation, shipping, tracking, and invoicing
• Interfacing with customer databases and systems
• Primary interface to customer requirements
• Support to resolve issues on assigned customer technical specification sections
• Generate EWO's
• Support Bench updates with latest production intent components
• Technical trouble shooting through initial analysis and data acquisition of anomalies or performance gaps
• Participate in design reviews
• Generate and maintain product configuration matrix
• Track and communicate customer milestones or updates to customer timing cards
• Coordination of drawing 2D/3D and system release
• Support Project Management for technical approvals with the Customer
• Oversee Customer Vehicle development needs and interfaces with Continental Project Teams (builds, retrofits, reflashing, etc…)
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Engineering Sciences, Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
• High Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint)
• Exposure to / experience with Project Management and Sales activities in the Automotive Industry
• Exposure to data acquisition tools and systems
• Familiarity with electronic modules
• Fluency in English- Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates leadership and drive
• Exhibits organizational skills
• Highly motivated
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
no relocation available for these openings
• 2+ years Automotive experience in Engineering or Customer project teams
• Experience with OEM Customer Requirements (GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, etc..)
• Familiarity with MS Project
• Intercultural experience or experience with international project teams
• Experience with GM product development lifecycle and release process
• Experience in electronic modules for automotive applications
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety Business Area integrates safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics to ensure safe and comfortable driving. The objective is to implement "Vision Zero", the vision of accident-free driving. Autonomous Mobility and Safety's components and system capabilities are prerequisites for autonomous mobility.
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.