Continental Global Account Quality Manager in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Global Account Quality Manager
Auburn Hills, MI
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Global Account Quality Manager to join our Original Equipment Tires Team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Continental OE PLT Tire is looking for an experienced Account Quality Manager to ensure that our products meet all necessary customer requirements. The Account Quality Manager plays a critical role in maintaining our Quality First initiative by ensuring all customer Quality requirements and associated tasks are managed appropriately. He / She plans, directs, or coordinates with internal stakeholders to meet both internal and customer Quality metrics.
• Lead all PPAP activities with OE Customer after Tire Approval.
• Main contact for all Ford Tire Complaints from OE Tire Production (8D Emergency Response Action & Low-Severity Complaints).
• Unique contact for all Ford Global QM topics and alignment with Continental HQ (plus regional locations).
• Monitor Global OE Scorecard and distribute monthly overview.
• Manage and Lead Internal & External Audits for specific account in N. America
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Min. 5 years Automotive or Tire Engineering experience
• Min. 5 years Customer Quality Experience
• Lead Customer Audits at internal plant locations
• Weekly report out on open quality issues.
• Organization and Implementation of OEM CSR’s
• Define the account-specific strategy for Quality (Q1 Gold Status)
• Support Central QM for follow-up on sustainable solutions for recurrences /repeat issues
• Manage and Align feedback from Int. & Ext. Audits in all regions
• Align cross-regional feedback from OE audits.
• * Approximately 25% domestic and international travel.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• Minimum of 7 years of Automotive or Tire Experience plus degree preferred
• Understanding of Ford GPDS Process / Milestones
• Experience with Ford Quality Metrics and Tools (SIM, Super-G, Q1 Scoring, etc..)
• Experience with Ford PPAP activities (Capacity Planning, Health Chart, etc…)
• Experience with Ford 8D process.
• Experience with Covisint platform or Ford Supplier Portal
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 193,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires business area stands for innovative top performance in tire technology. Services for dealers and fleet management as well as digital tire monitoring and management systems are further areas of focus. The aim is to contribute to safe, economical and sustainable mobility.
Key Account Management
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.