Continental ADAS Computer Vision Function Owner in Auburn Hills, Michigan
ADAS Computer Vision Function Owner
Auburn Hills, MI
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe,
smart, and sustainable. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a Function Owner with a focus on Computer Vision and Fusion Algorithm Development to join our ADAS team. A function owner is entrusted with the successful
release of an algorithm component, which must meet the highest standards of quality and performance. The chosen candidate will work alongside a global team of engineers to bring new products to the market.
· Maintain expert level knowledge of current algorithm: propose, implement, and validate improvements
· Define and document the component design, requirements, and test methods necessary to meet project needs
· Collaborate with local and international, multi-disciplinary engineering teams, both internal and external
· Follow the Agile methodology in order to plan and distribute tasks to an algorithm development team
· Participate in technical reviews and demos with North American OEMs
· Maintain an up-to-date understanding of novel computer vision, fusion, and data science techniques
· Position responsibilities may vary slightly, depending upon applicant skillset
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Electrical Engineering (or similar).
· Exceptional ability to understand, organize, and communicate complex topics to a wide audience
· Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· 2+ years of algorithm development experience, preferably in an embedded environment
· Experience in a majority of the following topics:
· Object Detection Tracking, Structure from Motion, Machine Learning Techniques (CNN's, DNN's, Regression/Classification), Multi-Sensor Fusion, SLAM
· Solid foundation in (C/C++) within large and complex SW architectures
· Experience using data science techniques (Python/Matlab) to visualize and process data
· Passion for problem solving within a multi-cultural team environment
· Masters/PhD Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Electrical Engineering (or other similar discipline)
· Experience with common Automotive/SW development tools (DOORs, Version Control (Git), Jira, etc..)
· 5+ years of automotive development experience
· 3+ of Computer Vision/Fusion development experience
Visa sponsorship is available
Relocation is not available for this position.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety Business Area integrates safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics to ensure safe and comfortable driving. The objective is to implement "Vision Zero", the vision of accident-free driving. Autonomous Mobility and Safety's components and system capabilities are prerequisites for autonomous mobility.
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.