Continental Account Quality Manager in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Account Quality Manager
Auburn Hills, MI
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable, and accessible to all. This provides an opportunity for you to add diverse skills and professional development within a career here at Continental. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Account Quality Manager to join our Original Equipment Tires team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The Account Quality Manager at Continental's OE Tire business unit leads all internal and external quality-related activities for the respective OE Customers to ensure fulfillment of the OE customer requirements and expectations. They are responsible to document customer requirements within Continental systems and ensuring that OE Customers' quality systems are updated on-time and accurately. The AQM manages all aspects of the response and resolution of OE customer quality concerns, working closely with manufacturing plants and the central Quality Management organization. Likewise, the AQM supports and facilitates customer audits of tire plants, coordinates, and submits PPAP Documentation to customers and provides customer-oriented inputs to D-FMEA and Design Control Plan review for customer Projects. The AQM will support production launch activities and participates in SPS activities when needed.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5 years of professional experience; minimum of 10 years of professional experience if no relevant bachelor’s degree
• Experience with automotive Core Tools (APQP, FMEA, SPC, PPAP, MSA)
• Experience with structured Problem-Solving Technologies (8D, 5-why, etc.)
• Knowledge of how to apply D-FMEA, P-FMEA and Control Plan in Tire Development process
• Social competence to develop a close relationship/ trust with the customer as well as resilience and conflict management skills.
• Fluent in English language
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• Minimum of 7 years and degree preferred
• Preferred knowledge in the following areas: Automotive Quality Standards: IATF 16949:2016 / VDA 6.3
• Overall knowledge of tire processes (R&D, manufacturing, and logistics) and tire function and performance.
• Internal Auditor qualification
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 233,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires business area stands for innovative top performance in tire technology. Services for dealers and fleet management as well as digital tire monitoring and management systems are further areas of focus. The aim is to contribute to safe, economical and sustainable mobility.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.